We venture to ignite the power of women entrepreneurs.
We fulfill our mission by providing the following services:
- FREE one-on-one business consultations
- Low-cost business education seminars and workshops
- IGNITE 360® Mentoring Program
- Peer Groups
- Purposeful networking events
- Leadership development opportunities for professional women
Since our nonprofit program was established in 2007 in Melbourne, Florida on the campus of Florida Tech, we have:
- Trained over 14,500 clients
- Helped over 170 business owners grow and expand their businesses through the IGNITE 360® Mentoring Program
- Helped clients to create and maintain local jobs
- Helped clients to increase revenues - an average of 40% for IGNITE 360® graduates
Our team of 5 staff members and over 75 volunteers work to ensure that our clients are successful unto the economic benefit of all.
In 2020-2021 Program Year*, weVENTURE WBC:
- Served 977 unique clients TOTAL. Counseling education, and group trainings
- Assisted 258 NEW Start-up businesses.
- Nearly doubled the number of ethnic minority clients we served year over year by focusing our outreach and partnerships to make our services more accessible to underserved communities.
- Clients created 77 NEW jobs and 849 jobs were retained via $675,520 in PPP Loans secured
- Assisted 34 businesses with accessing capital, totaling $596,570 in private funding and $509,180 in SBA loans.
- 878 clients attended our 62 group training sessions or webinars, including Peer Groups focused on COVID-19 response topics to help support businesses in this difficult time.
- 502 clients received 1:1 counseling for a total of 1,281 hours of direct counseling.
- 69% of our clients were female and 31% were male clients.
- 30 IGNITE clients graduated the program in 2020-2021, with many sponsored by CARES funding.
- 350 individuals registered for 2021 Virtual IMPACT Summit and a dozen watch parties were hosted.
- 12 emerging leaders graduated from ATHENA Leadership Program
View The 2020-2021 Annual Report FINAL
*Our SBA program year runs Oct. - Sept.