COVID-19 Emergency Support Services
weVENTURE is funded in part by a grant from the Small Business Administration (SBA). As a local SBA resource partner we are committed to helping all entrepreneurs respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. All our COVID-19 response programs are free and open to all small businesses within Brevard, Indian River and St. Lucie Counties. We also have links to federal, state, and county COVID-19 programs for small businesses on our resource page.
In addition to the programs listed below, events and webinars are added on a regular basis. We encourage all small businesses to sign up for our newsletter as well as follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up to date with our latest programming.
weVENTURE Emergency Support Programming
Our objective is to increase capacity for personalized business coaching and mentorship, and to provide educational trainings and information sessions to help businesses throughout our service area respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and emerge better positioned for sustainable growth.
- Increased Coaching – weVENTURE has expanded capacity for 1:1 business coaching. Contact either of our dedicated COVID response business coaches today: Jeannette Kraar, email@example.com or Kyle Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org They can help answer questions about state and federal relief funds, as well as general guidance for how your business can sustain and grow in the new normal of social distancing protocols.
- Educational Programming– weVENTURE will provide more in-depth training and educational programs by engaging subject matter experts, consultants and faculty. Peer groups and educational courses are being organized as well. Check back for program listings below, or sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest information
- IGNITE 360 Mentoring Program – weVENTURE is expanding access to the IGNITE 360 Mentoring Program for businesses impacted by COVID-19. 31 businesses will be fully-funded by the COVID grant to participate in this outcome driven program that helps exisisting businesses tackle strategic challenges and prepare for sustainable growth. There is an application process that begins after enlisting as a weVENTURE client with one of our COVID business coaches.
COVID-19 Emergency Support Webinars - No Cost
All webinars are free and open to the public. weVENTURE registered clients may also request access to view past webinars. Contact your COVID business coach.
- May 22, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Best Safety Practices in the Workplace," presented by Dr. Regina Kaufmann, BodyWise Specialists
- May 28, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Returning to the Workplace," presented by Kristin Woodling, LMHC, Pamper Your Mind
- June 4, 3:00pm-4:00pm - -"Uniting Your Employees for Empowerment During COVID-19", Kathy Knowles and Michelle Burke, co-founders, The Talent Managment System
- June 9, 3:30pm-4:30pm - "Marketing Pivots During a Crisis", presented by Josh Adams, Head Honcho, Rock Paper Simple
- June 16, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Accountability in Action-Remote Work Edition", presented by Susan Mazza, CEO, Clarus Consulting
- June 23, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Zoom Security Features Interactive Workshop", presented by Amy Sullivan, Instructional Technologist
- July 9, 12:00pm-1:00pm - "Critical Updates to Your Online Presence with Google", presented by Pamela Starr, Grow with Google
- July 21, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Team Management Strategies", presented by Laurel Nugent, owner Nugent Law, P.A.
- July 28, 3:00pm-5:00pm - "Business Wind Down-Exit Strategy" with J Brewer, founder, Choosing Wealth
- August 4, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Ding Dong Marketing Calling", presented by Rochelle Hood
- August 11, 1:00-m-2:00pm - "PPP Forgiveness" presented by Leslie Tibbetts, Community Credit Union and Kristen Underwood, RSM US LLP REGISTER
- August 13, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Creating a COVID Era Customer Experience Powered by Data and Details", presented by Rochelle Hood REGISTER
- August 25, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "The Upside: Lessons Learned from COVID-19" presented by Teresa Beard, Director of Marketing, Clevens Face and Body Specialists REGISTER
- August 27, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Empowered by Feedback" presented by Jacqueline Noto and Nelmar Cruz, both students in Florida Tech's Behavior Analysis Progam REGISTER
- Webinar available: Crisis Within a Crisis: Hurricane Planning During a Pandemic
COVID-19 Emergency Support Peer Groups - No Cost
As part of our COVID-19 Emergency Support Programming, weVENTURE is forming Peer Groups to allow small business owners to work together with a subject matter expert, to tackle challenges and prepare for the future of their business. These are small intimate groups, where entrepreneurs can share, in confidence, with others working through similar issues.
Registered weVENTURE clients working with a COVID business coach are eligible to enroll in a peer group.
- Business Reboot Plan - Dr. Bob Keimer walks struggling business owners through the “Execu-Plan”, a planning tool to create a custom, practical, actionable business plan. The Execu-Plan aggressively targets and attacks “fire fighting” management, poor execution, and stalled business growth, while successfully avoiding the “analysis-paralysis” syndrome many small businesses face during this uncertain time. Participants will take part in two 1-hour group sessions, and follow up with a 1:1 session with Dr. Keimer.
- Human Resources Peer Group - Kathy Knowles, CEO of Intuitive Strategies, will lead a cohort of small businesses facing unusual Human Resource challenges. Whether you have had to let go or lay employees off, modify procedures and policies or are planning for changes in operations, small business owners trying to navigate these difficult topics could benefit from the Human Resources Peer Group. Sessions will be small, ensuring an intimate group that will meet monthly for 1.5 hours, for approximately 3 months, complimented by one 1:1 session with Kathy each month.
- Business Wind Down Peer Group - The unfortunate reality of the COVID-19 pandemic is that some small businesses will not be able to survive this crisis. While many entrepreneurs feel alone and overwhelmed by this possibility, the reality is you are not alone.
weVENTURE is forming a Business Wind Down peer group, led by J. Brewer, founder of Choosing Wealth, with 38 years of experience in corporate, small business and entrepreneurial engagements. J. Brewer will lead a 1 hour Exit Strategy Webinar on July 28th that will focus on the necessary next steps every entrepreneur can take to ensure successful closure to your venture. Entrepreneurs will then have an opportunity to join an ongoing peer group to tackle the legal, logistical and concerns of downsizing, selling or closing a business. They will support each other in confidential group sessions, as well as 1:1 consultations with J.
- Strategy In Action Peer Group - Susan Mazza, CEO of Clarus Consulting Group, LLC, will lead a group of CEOs through this unprecedented time. Focusing on both long and short term challenges small businesses face, this group will help leaders assess and respond strategically. Incorporating group sessions and 1:1 consultations over a 6 month period, the Strategy in Action Peer Group will provide ongoing support to help clients navigate the unfolding COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Startup Peer Group - Hutch Hutchinson, CEO of Be One, Inc. The group of Startup and Early Stage Entrepreneurs (6-8 participants) will be created and meet in an Executive Session, once a month for six months. Sessions will focus the members on how to move their business to the next level, give and receive value through accountability, and utilize the best of what others have learned going before or beside them. Each member will be responsible for presenting their business, and bringing issues and opportunities for the group to process moving them forward. 1:1 Coaching will be provided to each member between Executive Sessions to develop each entrepreneur's priorities and plans. Accountability to each other and the group will be the hallmark. Starting in August for six, two-hour Executive Sessions over six months. Zoom will be the venue for all engagements.