COVID-19 Emergency Support Services
weVENTURE is funded in part by a grant from the Small Business Administration (SBA). As a local SBA resource partner we are committed to helping all entrepreneurs respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. We have also received CDBG-CV funding from the City of Palm Bay to provide support for businesses and entrepreneurs within qualifying census tracts. All our COVID-19 response programs are free and open to all small businesses within Brevard, Indian River and St. Lucie Counties.
In addition to the programs listed below, events and webinars are added on a regular basis. We encourage all small businesses to sign up for our newsletter as well as follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn to stay up to date with our latest programming.
weVENTURE Emergency Support Programming
Our objective is to increase capacity for personalized business coaching and mentorship, and to provide educational trainings and information sessions to help businesses throughout our service area respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and emerge better positioned for sustainable growth.
- Increased Coaching – weVENTURE has expanded capacity for 1:1 business coaching. Contact either of our dedicated COVID response business coaches today: Jeannette Kraar, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kyle Graham, email@example.com They can help answer questions about state and federal relief funds, as well as general guidance for how your business can sustain and grow in the new normal of social distancing protocols.
- Educational Programming– weVENTURE will provide more in-depth training and educational programs by engaging subject matter experts, consultants and faculty. Peer groups and educational courses are being organized as well. Check back for program listings below, or sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest information
- IGNITE 360 Mentoring Program – weVENTURE is expanding access to the IGNITE 360 Mentoring Program for businesses impacted by COVID-19. 31 businesses will be fully-funded by the COVID grant to participate in this outcome driven program that helps existing businesses tackle strategic challenges and prepare for sustainable growth. There is an application process that begins after enlisting as a weVENTURE client with one of our COVID business coaches.
weVENTURE WBC Partnership with the City of Palm Bay
weVENTURE WBC has two business coaches dedicated to supporting clients who live in or own businesses located within the city, with an emphasis on racial minority-owned or woman-owned businesses in census tracts with <51% Low to Moderate Income (LMI) populations.
All services are free and are allavailable in both English and Spanish. All businesses in Palm Bay are eligible, regardless of owner gender. In fact, about 20% of our clients are male!
Todos los servicios son gratuitos y están disponibles tanto en inglés como en español. Todas las empresas de Palm Bay son elegibles, independientemente del género del propietario. De hecho, ¡aproximadamente el 20% de nuestros clientes son hombres!
To take advantage of this program, you can register as a new client from our homepage and request coaching support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consult.
Para aprovechar este programa, puede registrarse como nuevo cliente desde nuestra página de inicio y solicitar soporte técnico, o enviar un correo electrónico a email@example.com para solicitar una consulta.
Please note that in addition to registering as a client and completing the SBA 641 form, Palm Bay clients must also complete a self decloration form to confirm eligibility for the Palm Bay CDBG-CV program. The form can be downloaded HERE.
COVID-19 Emergency Support Webinars - No Cost
All webinars are free and open to the public. weVENTURE registered clients may also request access to view past webinars. Contact your COVID business coach.
Past COVID-19 Support Webinars:
Marketing & SEO
- November 10, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Connecting with New Customers Through SEO (Search Engine Optimization)" presented by Keith Nugent, Founder, Camberlion.
- October 15, 10:00am-11:30am - "Holiday Digital Marketing Boot Camp" presented by Rochelle Hood, President, Pink Consulting
- September 17, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Creating Easy Marketing Videos Using Your Smartphone", presented by Deidre Beacham, BOLD Breakthroughs
- August 4, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Ding Dong Marketing Calling", presented by Rochelle Hood
- July 9, 12:00pm-1:00pm - "Critical Updates to Your Online Presence with Google", presented by Pamela Starr, Grow with Google
- October 22, 2020, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Free Resources at your Fingertips: How to Use Your Local Library to "Level Up" During COVID", presented by Casey Gilbert, Founder, PowerWith Consulting, and panelists Karen Cole, Librarian II, Melbourne Public Library and Linda Khan, Evans Library
- June 23, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Zoom Security Features Interactive Workshop", presented by Amy Sullivan, Instructional Technologist
- October 13, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Wage and Hour Training" presented by Nikki Larchar, co-founder of simplyHR
- August 27, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Empowered by Feedback" presented by Jacqueline Noto and Nelmar Cruz, both students in Florida Tech's Behavior Analysis Program
- May 22, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Best Safety Practices in the Workplace," presented by Dr. Regina Kaufmann, BodyWise Specialists
- September 24, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Thriving Through COVID Personally and as a Small Business" presented by Deb Marlor, CEO, Simplicity Life & Coaching
- September 15, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Stop the Bleeding", presented by Kyle Graham, CEO, Millefiori Medical Skin Rejuvenation
- September 8, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "What to Do When What You Do Doesn't Work", presented by Jeannette Kraar, founder of IGNITE 360
- Webinar available: Crisis Within a Crisis: Hurricane Planning During a Pandemic
- August 25, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "The Upside: Lessons Learned from COVID-19" presented by Teresa Beard, Director of Marketing, Clevens Face and Body Specialists
- August 13, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Creating a COVID Era Customer Experience Powered by Data and Details", presented by Rochelle Hood
- June 16, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Accountability in Action-Remote Work Edition", presented by Susan Mazza, CEO, Clarus Consulting
- June 9, 3:30pm-4:30pm - "Marketing Pivots During a Crisis", presented by Josh Adams, Head Honcho, Rock Paper Simple
- June 4, 3:00pm-4:00pm - -"Uniting Your Employees for Empowerment During COVID-19", Kathy Knowles and Michelle Burke, co-founders, The Talent Management System
- May 28, 1:00pm-2:00pm - "Returning to the Workplace," presented by Kristin Woodling, LMHC, Pamper Your Mind
- August 11, 1:00-m-2:00pm - "PPP Forgiveness" presented by Leslie Tibbetts, Community Credit Union and Kristen Underwood, RSM US LLP
- July 28, 3:00pm-5:00pm - "Business Wind Down-Exit Strategy" with J Brewer, founder, Choosing Wealth
- July 21, 3:00pm-4:00pm - "Team Management Strategies", presented by Laurel Nugent, owner Nugent Law, P.A.
COVID-19 Emergency Support Peer Groups - No Cost
As part of our COVID-19 Emergency Support Programming, weVENTURE is forming Peer Groups to allow small business owners to work together with a subject matter expert, to tackle challenges and prepare for the future of their business. These are small intimate groups, where entrepreneurs can share, in confidence, with others working through similar issues.
Registered weVENTURE clients working with a COVID business coach are eligible to enroll in a peer group.
- Human Resources Peer Group - Kathy Knowles, CEO of Intuitive Strategies, will lead a cohort of small businesses facing unusual Human Resource challenges. Whether you have had to let go or lay employees off, modify procedures and policies or are planning for changes in operations, small business owners trying to navigate these difficult topics could benefit from the Human Resources Peer Group. Sessions will be small, ensuring an intimate group that will meet monthly for 1.5 hours, for approximately 3 months, complimented by one 1:1 session with Kathy each month.
- The BRAVE Accelerator - Dr. Stephanie Lopez, Gallaher Edge. You will walk away from The BRAVE Accelerator feeling; more in control, less overwhelmed, and confident in your relationships and leadership ability. This group is a 5-week program, offering 5 group sessions, 5 individual lessons, with exercises and self-discovery assessments. Members will also have access to a private Facebook group, and weekly check-ins. Starting in April, The BRAVE Accelerator is a safe place to be yourself, (re)discover yourself, and not be judged for any of it along the way.