Federal Disaster Assistance
As an SBA resource partner, weVNETURE WBC can work with you to prepare your documents, finacnial statements and other application materials to ensure you submit a package ready to be approved.
The U.S. Small Business Adminstration offered a significant amount of resources to small businesses in response to declared national disasters. Businesses in the weVENTURE WBC service area were declared eligible for some relief programs due to Hurricane Ian, and were eligible for COVID-19 relief programs, including the Pay Check Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL).
Hurricane Ian Disaster Assistance
Brevard county is eligible for both physical and economic injury assistance, and Indian River County and St. Lucie County are eligible for economic injury only. Deadlines to apply for assistance are as follows:
- Physical damage: November 28, 2022
- Economic injury: June 29, 2023
*Information current as of October 20, 2022
Learn more about Hurricane Ian Disaster Assistance here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance/hurricane-ian
For additional information on Disaster Assistance support from FEMA and the Federal Government:
COVID-19 Relief: EIDL and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Learn more about COVID-19 Disaster Assistance here: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
Also, the Association of Women's Business Centers has partnered with America’s SBDC to launch a consolidation of federal resources related to COVID at www.covid-sb.org
SBA has provided additional guidance re PPP Forgiveness process:
- SBA Procedural Notice: Procedures for Lender Submission of Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Decisions to SBA and SBA Forgiveness Loan Reviews (Released July 23, 2020)
- The PPP Forgiveness Platform will go live and begin accepting Lender submissions on August 10, 2020, subject to extension if any new legislative amendments to the forgiveness process necessitate changes to the system.
- Frequently Asked Questions For Loan Forgiveness (Released 8/4/20)
Other Federal Resources
Department of Labor - Posters and Information to Make Available to Your Employees - see the Coronavirus Posters
weVENTURE WBC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration