Women Who Rock Awards 2022
The 2022 Women's History Month theme, “Providing Healing, Promoting Hope,” is both a tribute to the ceaseless work of caregivers and frontline workers during this ongoing pandemic and also a recognition of many ways that women are stepping up to lead during this challenging time.
This year, in particular, we recognize the importance of those who help to promote and sustain hope for a better future. In fitting with the national theme, weVENTURE WBC is pleased to announce that each of our 6 categories for the annual Women Who Rock Awards will incorporate this message of healing and hope as we celebrate deserving local female leaders and businesses. We are also pleased to add the St. Francis Reflections Award for Excellence in Caregiving, as an opportunity to recognize one local healthcare provider or professional who has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to patient care.
Women have long advocated for compassionate approaches and new directions in public health, business and civic life. Women have also historically led the way in mending divisions, healing wounds, and finding peaceful solutions that allow us as individuals and collective communities to recover and move forward together.
Submission deadline for nominations is February 11
The 2022 Women Who Rock Awards will recognize those who provide healing and promote hope for the betterment of all in the following categories:
The 2022 Women Who Rock Awards categories are:
- Excellence in Mentorship
- Female Small Business Owner of the Year
- Women in the Workplace Champion
- Dr. Mary Helen McCay STEM Award
- Zonta Yellow Rose Award of Excellence in Community Service
- St. Francis Reflections Award for Excellence in Caregiving
Excellence in Mentorship
The Excellence in Mentorship Award recognizes a female community leader who dedicates time to the mentorship and advancement of other women. This mentorship can be either formal (as part of formal mentoring program) or informal and can be business mentorship or personal. Nominations should reflect an individual who has demonstrated leadership in improving our community for women and who possesses leadership qualities with a focus on fostering relationships and promoting positive outcomes for women. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the success of mentee or mentees
- A demonstrated desire to both teach and learn.
- Demonstration of positive role model role – embodiment of “Do as I do, not as I say”
- Ability to inspire hope in others
Female Small Business Owner of the Year
The Female Small Business Owner of the Year Award recognizes a female who creates the products, services, and jobs that fuel our economy and helps our community grow. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Engages in shaping the community they work in through social corporate responsibility efforts or community interaction.
- Has built a product or provides a service that promotes the health and welfare of their customers or clients.
- Has contributed to the economic impact of our region: number of jobs created, the number of clients served etc.
Guideline: The business must have less than 50 full-time employees
Women in the Workplace Champion
The Women in the Workplace Champion award recognizes a local business which demonstrates high ethical standards and commitment to promoting women’s leadership and gender equality. Nominated businesses will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A demonstrated commitment for creating equality for all employees.
- A commitment to maximizing the potential of female talent.
- A commitment to creating a safe work environment through policies on matters such as sexual harassment and equal opportunities.
- A visible and genuine executive commitment to a gender-balanced workforce – policies and processes in place to ensure that gender bias is reduced.
- This year, in particular, we hope to honor businesses that demonstrated this commitment via support for working parents during the pandemic.
Mary Helen McCay STEM Award
The Dr. Mary Helen McCay STEM award recognizes a female whose work has exemplified, promoted, and/or enhanced learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Application of STEM to help respond to or solve a community problem, and provide hope to others for a better tomorrow.
- Use of technological/engineering design-based practices to effectively advance the health and wellbeing of others.
- Any special recognition or project related to STEM career path.
Zonta Yellow Rose for Excellence in Community Service
Each year in honor of Zonta Rose Day, Zontians all over the world present a yellow rose to men and women who have honored Zonta’s vision by helping women achieve their full potential. In such a world, every woman is literate and has access to education, health care, legal and economic resources on an equal basis with men. In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence. Nominees will be evaluated on how the nominee demonstrated their commitment to serving women in the community and providing hope for a better future.
St. Francis Reflections Award for Excellence in Caregiving
We are pleased to add the St. Francis Reflections Award for Excellence in Caregiving, as an opportunity to recognize one local healthcare provider or professional who has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to patient care. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A local healthcare provider or professional who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to patient care.
- Nominations may be made by a colleague or patient of a woman who has gone above and beyond to provide hope as well as healing to her patients.
Submission deadline for nominations is February 11
About the 2022 Program
weVENTURE WBC invites you to help celebrate all the 2022 nominees during an empowering luncheon on March 22, 11:00am-1:00pm, at the Crowne Plaza Oceanfront. This year we are asking for your help in collecting professional attire for women in our community who need it most – those dealing with homelessness and need a hand up getting back on their feet. The clothing will be donated to two worthy charities - Genesis House and New Life Mission.
weVENTURE strives to be the leading voice and resource for professional women on the Space and Treasure Coasts. Inspired by Plato’s wise words that “What is honored in a culture, will be cultivated there,” weVENTURE celebrates outstanding local women in hope that doing so will cultivate more women leaders and inspire the next generation to dream big.
Sponsorship of this annual event allows us to provide low and no-cost business education and training to over 600 women a year in Brevard, Indian River and St. Lucie Counties! It is also a wonderful opportunity for your business to join in celebrating outstanding local female leaders.
We are currently seeking a $5,000 Presenting Sponsor as well as sponsors for 3 categories - Excellence in Mentorship, Women in the Workplace Champion, and the Dr. Mary Helen McCay STEM Award. The Presenting Sponsor will be recognized in all event promotions and have the opportunity to speak or show a brief video, as well as receive 16 tickets to the event. For $2,500 sponsorship, your business may introduce the nominees and winner for a category and will be provided 8 tickets to the event. Investments of $2,500 or more are also recognized year-round as our Equity Partners.
Donations of $1,000 are eligible for our League of Extraordinary Investors and, in addition to being recognized verbally, onscreen and in the program, may choose between a table of 8, or 4 tickets to Women Who Rock and 4 tickets to the IMPACT Summit. LEI membership also includes complimentary access to all weVENTURE WBC training and networking events for 1 year.
$500—Lead Investor - a value investment for those who plan to attend our 2 signature events and a few of our trainings throughout the year. Complimentary admission for 1 to all Strong Coffee Strong Women events and business trainings, and 5 registrations for the Women Who Rock Awards and IMPACT Summit, including business logo or name on the website, in the program, in event visuals and in verbal recognition at the events.
$250—Seed Investor - a value investment for those who plan to attend multiple trainings throughout the year as well as our signature events. Complimentary admission for 1 to all Strong Coffee Strong Women events and business trainings; 2 registrations for the Women Who Rock Awards, business logo or name in the program, presentation, and event webpage.
Please visit our giving page or contact Executive Director, Kathryn Rudloff, to learn about how YOUR investment in weVENTURE WBC directly supports women growing businesses here on the Space and Treasure Coasts.