The League of Extraordinary Investors
The League of Extraordinary Investors is a diverse group of people who invest in the work of the weVENTURE Women’s Business Center Program as the leading voice and resource for female entrepreneurs on the Space and Treasure Coasts. Their philanthropic support enables weVENTURE WBC to provide business education and training at low or no cost to clients.
YES, I want to join the League of Extraordinary Investors!
weVENTURE WBC recognizes individuals and small businesses who contribute a $1,000 annual donation as members of the League of Extraordinary Investors (LEI). These generous community leaders are the financial foundation on which our start-up ecosystem is built. It is a community of business leaders who support weVENTURE WBC’s award-winning services that foster entrepreneurial and business success.
Since 2007, weVENTURE WBC has offered a wide range of programs that support the growth of local businesses, with a focus on underserved populations and microbusinesses. Services span business coaching, professional mentoring, business education, specialized peer groups, technical assistance, business resources and relationship building networking opportunities.
An annual $1,000 LEI donation helps to provide:
- Free professional business coaching and low or no-cost business education and training for over 600 unique clients a year from the Space and Treasure Coasts.
- Access to mentoring for established businesses trying to navigate change or prepare for growth.
- Scholarships for disadvantaged entrepreneurs to access the education and training they need to launch a business.
- Leadership development opportunities for women across all industries.
- A new LEI IMPACT Microgrant Program* that will provide seed money to deserving women-owned start-up businesses.
The League of Extraordinary Investors, formally known as the League of Extraordinary Women, has been the philanthropic support of the WBC program since the early 2000’s. Florida Tech is required to match dollar for dollar the annual $150,000 SBA grant which funds the weVENTURE WBC program. This can be accomplished through program income (charging fees for service) or private investment from the community. Every dollar raised from individuals and generous business sponsors allows weVENTURE WBC to provide services at low or no cost to our clients, which removes barriers for women and other underserved individuals to get the help they need to achieve business success and financial independence.
View current members of the League of Extraordinary Investors
LEI IMPACT Microgrant Program
Inspired by the national IMPACT 100 movement which empowers women to create transformational community impact through philanthropy, the League of Extraordinary Investors harness the power of collective giving to make a larger impact in the community. In addition to helping over 600 unique small businesses a year who turn to weVENTURE WBC for support, 10% of all League donations go directly to an Impact 100 grant fund. When the fund reaches $10,000, weVENTURE WBC will provide microgrants of $2,500 - $10,000 to local woman-owned, start-up businesses. League members will be invited to participate in the selection process for grants. This grant program is a new initiative in 2022, and we hope to make our first awards in 2023.
Benefits of Participation
weVENTURE WBC is proud to recognize League Investors at all weVENTURE WBC events and programs, as well as on our website and in event publications, as they help make all our programming possible. In addition to this recognition, League Investors also receive the following benefits and may choose from event ticket options below:
- Exclusive invitation to networking receptions for weVENTURE WBC investors and program graduates, which foster important connections between established, successful business leaders and our aspiring and emerging entrepreneurs. This includes but is not limited to a VIP reception after the IMPACT Summit and a fall graduation event to meet and recognize our program graduates.
- Complimentary admission for the donor or a member of their staff to attend all Strong Coffee Strong Women networking events and all business trainings for one year, at no additional cost.
- Exclusive opportunity to buy advance tickets to any other weVENTURE special fundraising events, like the Wine Women & Shoes event held in 2021.
Event Ticket Options:
- Option 1: One table at the Women Who Rock awards; One registration for the IMPACT Summit and VIP Reception
- Option 2: Four registrations for the IMPACT Summit and VIP reception
- Option 3: Half table registrations (4 guests) for the Women Who Rock awards; Two registrations for the IMPACT Summit and VIP Reception
- Option 4: 100% tax-deductible. Dedicated to support programming 100%. Investor chooses to attend any other weVENTURE WBC event or training at the cost of admission.
Donations are tax-deductible. weVENTURE WBC is a program of Florida Tech, a not-for-profit educational institution.