We venture to ignite the power of women entrepreneurs.
We fulfill our mission by providing the following services:
- FREE one-on-one business consultations
- Low and no-cost business education seminars and workshops
- IGNITE 360® Mentoring Program and Peer Groups
- Purposeful networking events
- Leadership development opportunities for professional women
Established in 2007, our non-profit program is part of the Nathan M. Bisk College of Business on the campus of Florida Tech. Since then, we have:
- Trained over 15,500 clients
- Helped over 180 business owners grow and expand their businesses through the IGNITE 360® Mentoring Program
- Helped clients to create and maintain local jobs
- Helped clients to increase revenues - an average of 40% for IGNITE 360® graduates
Our team of 6 staff members and over 75 volunteers work to support clients from diverse backgrounds and industries to launch and grow their businesses.
In 2021-2022 Program Year*, weVENTURE WBC:
- Served 716 unique clients TOTAL. Counseling education, and group trainings
- Assisted 333 Start-up businesses, helped 16 clients launch their business and worked with 147 aspiring entrepreneurs.
- weVENTURE WBC continues to increase the number of ethnically diverse clients we serve by focusing our outreach and partnerships to make our services more accessible to underserved communities.
- Clients created 66 NEW jobs and 1,589 jobs were retained.
- Assisted clients with accessing capital, including private funding and SBA loans.
- 354 clients attended our 77 group training sessions, Peer Groups or webinars, including those focused on COVID-19 response topics to help support businesses in this difficult time.
- 475 clients received 1:1 counseling for a total of 1,035 hours of direct counseling.
- 65% of our clients were female and 35% were male clients or husband and wife partnerships.
- 33 IGNITE clients graduated the program in 2021-2022, with many sponsored by CARES funding.
- 300 people attended the sold out 2022 IMPACT Summit, the annual leadership development conference hosted in August.
- 30 emerging leaders participated in the ATHENA Leadership Program.
View the 2021 - 2022 Annual Report
View The 2020-2021 Annual Report FINAL
*Our SBA program year runs October through September.